Indigenous Peoples Program Specialist, Inclusive Development Hub
Dexis | Washington DC
About the job
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The Indigenous Peoples Program Support Specialist will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the PRO-IP Policy. The incumbent will work with the technical specialists to provide business operations, management, and communication support for the Indigenous Peoples’ portfolio. Illustrative duties and responsibilities would include:
- Support technical specialists with project design and management, including drafting and reviewing key budgeting, management, and reporting documents
- Attend meetings and facilitate communication and coordination between USAID and other USG agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), grassroots communities, the private sector, foreign governments, multilateral institutions and other stakeholders on matters relating to the rights and needs of Indigenous Peoples.
- Identify issues, opportunities, and /or gaps in foreign assistance policies, programs, initiatives that impact Indigenous Peoples in context of other marginalized populations or beneficiaries receiving special attention, i.e., youth, women, children/orphans, elderly, LGBTQI+, persons with disability, trafficking survivors, victims of conflict, HIV/AIDs patients, etc.
- Support USAID’s interagency working group on Indigenous Peoples to synergize, maximize, leverage, coordinate, and/or create opportunities between appropriate domestic and international involvement and efforts. Work with U.S. domestic Indigenous Peoples where appropriate, i.e., tribal leaders, tribal colleges, AI/AN NGOs.
- Support the development of effective tools that support the implementation of the PRO-IP Policy. Coordinate learning exchanges across Agency offices and field missions to disseminate tools.
- Support partnerships with Indigenous Peoples organizations and support capacity building (Webinar – How to engage with USAID).
- Help develop content and deliver in-person training on Indigenous Peoples for Agency missions and programs and periodically reviews and leads the process of updating online training.
- Maintain the Agency’s website on Indigenous Peoples Issues and take the lead in curating news, information, and best practices in development programs for posting. Support Agency-wide activities related to Indigenous Peoples and their human rights and development, reviewing and analyzing data, developing strategies, analytical models and methodologies and providing technical advice and assistance to USAID operating units.
- Contribute to addressing cross-cutting Inclusive Development Hub and Agency priorities, including advancement of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) efforts.
- The Indigenous Peoples Program Analyst must hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years experience in research, practice, or programming related to Indigenous Peoples, local communities and/or marginalized ethnic populations in developing countries, international development, or associated fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to summarize and distill large amounts of data and information into concise messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, with a strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Strong word processing skills and ability to navigate comfortably in an online file management environment.
- Relevant skill set related to graphic design and web-based platforms with experience ensuring online compliance for users with disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience producing visually appealing, easy to navigate, online resources for a wide range of users.
- Administrative experience in processing clearances and obtaining approvals for online content.
- Experience with social media and communications.
- Active Facility Access Clearance, or, the eligibility to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of large, complex strategic initiatives is strongly desired.
- Experience designing or leading adult professional development, knowledge management, or communications initiatives is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues to generalist audiences is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively, build consensus, and bridge diverse perspectives and interests is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated interest in international development and foreign assistance.
- Demonstrated interest in inclusive development, social justice, and engagement with historically marginalized groups.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to communicate proficiently in a second language.
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis).
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.