Wikimedia Foundation | REMOTE
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Grants Administrator to join our team, reporting to the Grants Manager. As the Grants Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration of Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) grants, and for supporting the WMF grant programs in the areas of program development, communications, relationship-building, compliance, and community engagement. In this role, you will join the Grants Administration team and will work closely with grant Program Officers, Grantees, and the Legal and Accounting teams to evaluate funding eligibility for new requests, process new grants, and update grant records in Fluxx Grants Management Software System (Fluxx Grantmaker). This role will play a key role across all grants processes throughout the lifecycle of each grant request. It is an exciting moment as in July 2021, Wikimedia Foundation launched their new grants strategy. The new programs are centered in the Wikimedia Movement Strategy and the principles of trust-based philanthropy, decentralization of decision making and supporting underrepresented groups to move towards knowledge equity.
You are responsible for:
Advisory on grants admin practices for the foundation
- Partnering with the Grants Manager, accounting team, and Program Officers in developing and designing policies, processes and systems related to grants.
- Providing domain expertise in the area of Grants Administration to members of the Community Resources team and other WMF teams with grant programs, including supporting them in integrating good practices into their workflows and program design.
- Serving as co-administrator within the Grants Administration team including being responsible for grants administration at times when the Grant Manager is unavailable.
- The administration of a portfolio or group of grants, at the discretion of the Grants Manager, for which you are the primary point of contact.
- Assessing whether or not grantees are fulfilling the terms of their agreements adequately through submission of financial reports and documentation. Be aware of the status of individual grants, and be able to provide program officers with advice and support in resolving compliance issues.
- Supporting compliance and eligibility workflows across all grant programs, including partnering with Program Officers to make final decisions regarding applicant and grant request eligibility.
- Preparing, executing, and filing agreements, payments, and approvals, as part of administering each grant from eligibility to completion, including troubleshooting challenging situations with applicants, grantees, Program Officers, and the accounting team.
Fluxx Grantmaker (Grants Management System)
- Providing support in the preparation and sending of all weekly payment requests to accounting.
- Exercising superuser or oversight permissions in Fluxx Grantmaker, including the ability to add, change, or remove information as necessary, and make changes in the grant management system.
- Processing new registrations in Fluxx Grantmaker and providing account support to Fluxx Grantmaker users.
- Preparing reports on information included in Fluxx Grantmaker for the use of other teams.
- Assisting with training other staff in using Fluxx Grantmaker.
- Participating actively in team-level discussions in areas like strategy, diversity equity & inclusion, and ways of working together more efficiently within Grants Administration and interdepartmentally
Skills and Experience:
- At least one year of experience in a similar role and are knowledgeable of basic grants administration.
- Committed to engaging and supporting our community of volunteers, applicants, and grantees.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including giving and getting good information.
- Able to hold and value multiple perspectives while also understanding and defining clear boundaries and expectations.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and committed to quality.
- Able to effectively prioritize a large number of tasks with set deadlines, in order to consistently meet commitments to team members, the Community Resources and other grant teams, grantees, applicants, and other stakeholders.
Qualities that are important to us:
- You enjoy collaborating with a range of stakeholders, and you value knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
- You can communicate complex technical concepts in simple ways, tailored to each audience, to ensure everyone can engage, contribute and successfully adopt the practice.
- You believe in the mission of the Foundation and are excited to contribute to support that mission.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- You are highly organized and meticulous with an ability to anticipate needs.
- You are a proactive problem solver and a self-starting individual.
- You are a flexible and creative individual capable of managing multiple priorities and projects in a diverse environment.
- You excel at both working collaboratively and independently.
- You appreciate diversity, especially of our community, and are mindful of our differences, ensuring that interactions are equitable and inclusive.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Have some familiarity with Fluxx Grantmaker and Grantee Portal.
- Can communicate in languages beyond English.
- Have experience with international grantmaking.
- Have experience with grantmaking to individuals