Learning Lab Coordinator
Newport Healthcare | Costa Mesa, CA
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that’s dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families .®
The Learning Lab Coordinator works collaboratively with the clinical team to support young adult clients in developing an academic (high school completion or college courses) or a vocational path. The Learning Lab Coordinator also supervises Learning Lab hours and manages the Learning Lab space. Based on data collected through assessments and goals developed by the treatment team and client, the Learning Lab Coordinator supports clients in academic goals, career development, and/or independent life skills.
- Provide one-to-one academic support and resources to clients at the high school and college levels including application/enrollment process, content support, etc.
- Provide one-to-one vocational and independent life skills support including aptitude testing, job searches, and resume writing, etc.
- Familiar with FAFSA, scholarship/grant, unemployment/disability, and other personal finance application processes.
- Assist in supporting clients with standardized test preparation including, but not limited to: SAT/ACT, GED, college entrance, GRE and other certification/licensure exams.
- Be able to provide support to various learning differences such as dyslexia, ADHD, and processing disorders.
- Oversight and management of Learning Lab hours and space.
- Collaborate with other Learning Lab Coordinators and the clinical team in managing the Learning Lab schedule, facilitating curriculum, and planning activities.
- Provide both written and oral communication with clinical team about client attendance, behaviors, and progress on goals and areas where they might require more support.
- Communication and collaboration with client’s family may be required in some cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with high school and/or college students as tutor or mentor preferred.
- Knowledge to support students in high school and basic college level reading and writing skills.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email email@example.com for assistance.