Rural Policy Analyst
Louisiana Rural Health Association | REMOTE
The Louisiana Rural Health Association is seeking a Rural Policy Analyst to support the policy and advocacy work of the organization.
The Rural Policy Analyst will be responsible for monitoring policy at the federal, state, and local level. This includes, but is not limited to, researching, evaluating, and developing policies. Work will be primarily focused on, but not necessarily limited to, addressing health disparities in rural areas across the state.
Must have expertise and maintain up-to-date knowledge on policy relevant to rural providers. This includes, but is not limited to, policies and regulatory requirements related to Medicare and Medicaid billing and reimbursement for Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), Small Rural Hospitals (SRHs) and telehealth services.
- Track policy conversations at the local, state and federal level to inform work.
- Prepare for meetings with key state level partners in order to align legislative proposals and strategically coordinate organizational resources to support policy adoption and implementation. Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Work with partners to conduct research and evaluation necessary to develop legislative proposals and all accompanying documents (legislative forms, talking points, fact sheets, presentations, etc.).
This is a full-time, temporary, independent contractor position. This contract is set to expire on June 30, 2023 with the potential to be extended for additional years dependent upon funding availability. As an independent contractor position, benefits are not provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $55,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This position is fully remote with the potential for required attendance at in-person meetings as needed. Masks may be required during attendance at in-person meetings.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- rural health: 1 year (Preferred)
- public health: 1 year (Preferred)
- healthcare regulatory: 1 year (Preferred)
- health policy: 1 year (Preferred)