Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Associate
American Institute for Research | REMOTE
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research® (AIR®) is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance both domestically and internationally in the areas of education, health, and the workforce. AIR’s work is driven by its mission to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR has offices across the U.S. and abroad. For more information, visit http://www.air.org .
AIR’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion goes beyond our compliance with equal opportunity regulations.
- We value and embrace diversity, promote equity and inclusion, and expect cultural competence
- We foster a work environment where all staff and stakeholders feel respected and valued
- Our commitment is reflected in our policies, procedures, and work environment
- It is recognized by our staff and stakeholders
- It drives our efforts to recruit, attract, retain, and engage the diverse staff needed to achieve our mission
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Associate reports directly to the Vice President, Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer working through job functions as outlined below.
- Coordinate relationship management with all AIR global offices including preparing meeting agendas, facilitating meetings, follow-up, and coordinating initiatives and actions items.
- Support the DEI Liaison group including preparing monthly meeting agendas, facilitating meetings, preparing summaries and follow-up notes, maintaining resources including intranet site, and coordinating initiatives and action items.
- Support planning and execution of DEI initiatives/programs in partnership and collaboration with DEI Office program manager.
- Facilitate on-site/virtual meetings and training sessions.
- Track and report metrics as they pertain to DEI activities and initiatives.
- Representation of DEI Office in cross enterprise collaborative work streams that advance the diversity of our workforce and strengthen our inclusive work environment.
- Build trust-based relationships to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives align with business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in social and behavioral sciences, organizational development, business, or similar is required; Master’s preferred
- 1- 3 years’ experience working with DEI programs and initiatives
- Ability to conduct research online and incorporate into analysis
- Event planning and multi-tasking skills
- Operates with considerable independence, initiative and as a member of a team
- High level of maturity and ability to deal in confidence with sensitive personnel information
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet quality standards under strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy when writing
- Effective communicator continually demonstrating sensitivity to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and social media platforms