Wiley | REMOTE
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
This Editorial Assistant role provides administrative support and editorial assistance to Journal Publishing Managers (JPMs) in the management of Wiley’s Oncology and Basic Medical Sciences publishing program, including partner-owned and proprietary journals, and supports the editorial development of this journal portfolio. You’ll need to be well-organized, independent, and able to quickly learn new systems and processes. A flexible, collaborative approach is essential – both for team efficiency and to deliver excellent service to Wiley’s clients .Familiarity with the world of academic research publishing and/or an interest in oncology or medical research in general could be an advantage – but neither is essential.This is a great opportunity to build a successful career in publishing. Wiley is a global organization which offers international exposure, career progression and personal development.
How you will make an impact:
- Work with Journals Publishing Managers, conduct research and analysis of key markets and trends and prepare reports that provide information to support internal and external strategy decisions.
- Provide regular data and analytics using the various databases available (QlikSense, Web of Science, InCites). Liaise with editors and societies and communicate the context and information to external stakeholders.
- Prepare first drafts of annual and other periodic reports, resolve simple queries independently, monitor progress, and chase overdue reports from other departments.
- Work with other departments (Content Transformation, Marketing and Sales, Finance, Customer Services) to ensure proper editorial management and excellent client service.
- Ensure journal homepages on Wiley Online Library are kept up to date, making monthly website updates, entering any new data, amending features, analyzing usage, creating special features pages, linking to social networking sites, and compiling virtual issues.
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to ensure payments and invoices are made according to schedule.
- Organize meetings, attending and taking minutes where appropriate, supervising catering arrangements, and processing payment of expenses.
We are looking for people who:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, able to shift focus quickly
- Good attention to detail and numeracy
- Highly collaborative with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic experience with web developer tools
- Good MS Office skills, and are comfortable with learning new systems and processes
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered