Digital Skills Instructor
Literacy Pittsburg | Pittsburg, PA
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Our people make Literacy Pittsburgh a welcoming and positive place to learn. We value a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees feel a sense of belonging. This commitment is reflected in the values that guide our day-to-day work. We believe that our students, our employees, and our organization thrive best when we embrace and welcome those with a variety of life experiences. We are committed to a hiring process that increases the diversity of our staff, and encourage people who represent the richness of our shared humanity to apply. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect a diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past experience with poverty or homelessness, or prior contact with the juvenile, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
Literacy Pittsburgh offers a flexible, collaborative environment with a commitment to best practices, innovation, and growth. We welcome creative and hard-working team players who share a passion for creating better lives through learning.
The College and Career Readiness Instructor is responsible for leading assigned Literacy Pittsburgh classes utilizing the Ready and Relevant curriculum and supporting agency priorities. The Instructor ensures a high-quality experience for students by providing excellent student instruction and support to advance student learning and goal attainment.
Reporting Relationships: Reports Director of Adult Education
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $36,000 – $38,000
Teaching, Learning, and Support
- Teach assigned classes in designated locations, in-person and/or via remote instruction.
- Provide support and referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
- Arrange for assessment and evaluation of students.
Program Improvement and Compliance
- Actively engage in professional development and on-going training to ensure high-quality teaching that leads to strong student outcomes.
- Collect, analyze and monitor key student performance data, including attendance hours, student assessment scores, learning objectives, student feedback, and outcomes for state and federal compliance, student learning objectives, and overall program improvement.
- Monitor progress and solve problems to ensure program compliance with applicable state, federal, and other grant requirements.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships.
- Follow agency protocols and processes for effective service delivery.
- Show leadership by offering expertise locally and regionally.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Adult Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Experience in teaching adults preferred
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking
- A passion for education and educational programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations
- A team player attitude
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Additional eligibility requirements:
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Act 33/34 clearances
- This position may require the use of personal vehicle for local travel.
- Full-time in Downtown Center, some evening work required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Work requires talking, listening, seeing
How to Apply
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.