Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition | Boston, MA
Location: Massachusetts (remote hybrid – must be able to travel to Boston)
Term: Grant-funded 12-month term with the possibility of extending to permanent full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week (some evenings and weekends required)
Compensation: $55,000 – $60,000 salary
Reports to: Executive Director
The Programs Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of programmatic initiatives, support services, functional milestones and deliverables that allow MTPC to achieve on our agreed streams of work as articulated in our strategic plan. This position requires flexibility, strong communication skills, and an organized work style. We are looking for someone with experience (personal and/or professional) with trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive communities. MTPC is committed to the professional development of our team members. This position will include access to workshops, seminars, and other professional development opportunities.
Trans Leadership Academy: a professional development program to create a new generation of intersectional and multigenerational transgender leaders, and create new opportunities for transgender individuals in employment and education. The primary means to accomplish these goals are workforce development, community support, mentoring and training, and material and financial support.
Name & Gender Marker Online Resource: MTPC is partnering with Namesake Collaborative, LLC a local Massachusetts trans-led business, to develop a new online resource to assist trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people in Massachusetts with navigating legal name and gender marker change processes. This resource will provide free guidance and support through the process as well as access to financial and legal assistance as needed. It is slated to launch in mid-to-late 2022.
MA Trans Health Coalition: is an active membership from LGBTQ and health advocacy organizations throughout the state that works to increase access to quality, equitable healthcare for trans, nonbinary, and other gender expansive people.
- Oversee program operations; plan, lead, and coordinate projects through the appropriate phases of implementation and support.
- Respond to community inquiries (via mail, email and voicemail) and provide information/referrals to applicable service, resources, organizations, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings for organizational partners and clients.
- Organize and coordinate all area level meeting, scheduling projects, workflows, and efforts to meet organizational and programmatic goals.
- Secure the appropriate tools and program supplies.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training of program staff, consultants, program providers, and volunteers.
- Collaborate with MTPC staff and Steering Committee to assist with effective program cohort recruitment and retention strategies.
- Develop and maintain program database.
- Write project reports, provide program highlights and make recommendations based on findings.
- Supervise, manage and train volunteers/interns.
Qualities, Experience, Strengths, and Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the landscape of trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive identities, rights, and advocacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of both a high degree of independence and team approach in work responsibilities.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams.
- Passion for social change/social justice and commitment to the mission of MTPC.
- Experience working for trans rights or other social justice movements.
- Experience in project management and developing programmatic strategies.
- Strongly committed to trans rights and the objectives of the organization.
- Embodies MTPC’s values and demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Demonstrates a high level of care and persistence in challenging situations.
- Builds and facilitates collaborative relationships internally with MTPC staff and steering committee, as well as externally with community members, partner organizations and colleagues.
Position to start ASAP. MTPC hires for life experience; trans women of color; trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive people of color, people with disabilities and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.