Program Manager, Census and Data Equity
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights | Washington DC
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a 501(c)(4) organization, is the premier coalition of more than 200 organizations which promotes and protects civil and human rights in America. The Leadership Conference has coordinated national lobbying efforts on behalf of every major civil rights law since 1957. To learn more about The Leadership Conference, please visit http://www.civilrights.org .
The Leadership Conference Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect civil and human rights in the US. Founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference, the Education Fund’s campaigns empower advocates to push for progressive change in the US. To learn more about the Education Fund, please visit http://www.leadershipconferenceedfund.org .
About The Role
The Census and Data Equity Program Manager will help build and manage the Census and Data Equity Program, which seeks to advance state and federal policies to improve data collection efforts and promote meaningful disaggregation of data. The Census and Data Equity Program Manager will help advance these goals by supporting state campaigns and helping to execute the program’s national strategic plan. The ideal candidate will possess some combination of project management, operations, grants management, advocacy, civil rights, and/or community engagement experience.
What You Will Do
Manages requests for proposals and Subgranting Programs for State and National Partners
- Manages and monitors a sub-granting RFP, selection, and reporting process.
- Drafts MOUs and consultancy contracts and tracks and manages contract progress.
- Develops agendas for meetings and conference calls.
- Plans and coordinates high-level meetings, convenings, and events.
- Assists in budget management and execution of contracts as well as drafting of grant proposals and funder reports.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and maintenance of effective support for state campaigns.
- Identifies prospective partners and community advocates in target jurisdictions; provides strategic support to state partners.
Assists in the Execution of Overall Program Goals
- Works with staff across various departments, including communications and field, to support the program’s national, state, and local projects.
- Assists with project management of multiple initiatives to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Facilitates management of and communication with consultants and external partners.
- Develops and coordinates virtual trainings for various stakeholders.
- Supervises the development of an online information hub on data equity.
- Writes and edits content for the program’s campaign sites, social media outlets, and outreach materials.
This position will require occasional travel once Coronavirus travel restrictions are lifted.
What You Will Bring
- Commitment to civil and human rights.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse group of stakeholders, including high-level policy makers, coalition members, colleagues, and local communities.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to carry through projects from conception to completion.
- Experience with grants and grants-management.
- A team player with experience and ability to problem solve, work with urgent deadlines, exercise discretion, and prioritize and manage multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrates curiosity and initiative, as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous advocacy and/or experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the census and data disaggregation a plus.
- High-level competency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with social media and online communications platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet urgent and shifting deadlines, and problem-solve when faced with challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills — must be able to work within a team.
- Other duties, as needed.
What We Offer
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range – $82,618.88 – $100,661.77.
To apply, please visit our Career Center and submit your resume and cover letter.