Measuring Impact II Coordinator
Environmental Incentives’ Mission | Washington DC
Environmental Incentives’ Mission is to enhance the environments that sustain healthy communities. We empower public and private sector leaders to maximize the effectiveness of their conservation and development programs. Our clients trust us to design and support implementation of programs that (1) use evidence to develop effective strategies within complex systems, (2) center local stakeholder experiences and facilitate collective action, and (3) produce results that support learning about what works. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation with offices located in Washington, DC, South Lake Tahoe, San Diego, Nairobi, and Lima (pending registration). Our remote staff and consultants are based in multiple states within the United States, and across five continents.
Environmental Incentives (EI) is seeking a highly productive person to fill the position of Coordinator on the Measuring Impact (MI2) project. Based in Washington, DC, this position is part of a high-performing team that helps USAID increase the impact of its biodiversity programs in more than 30 countries around the world.
Through MI2, EI and its partners support USAID thought leaders, Mission staff, and Washington Bureaus to apply evidence-based adaptive management across USAID’s $265 million annual biodiversity portfolio. EI also helps to integrate conservation with other development sectors such as health, food security, democracy and governance, and global climate change. Through MI2, EI provides USAID with technical services in the areas of adaptive management, learning, monitoring, evaluation, communications and knowledge management, and organizational development.
Under the direction of a Washington DC-based MI2 Team Lead, the Coordinator will provide coordination, administrative, and technical support to EI’s implementation of work for clients and on internal initiatives. Success in this role relies on effectively communicating and collaborating with colleagues to ensure that teams can deliver high quality and impactful products and services. This position will provide administrative support to all aspects of project and team management, including contract compliance, recruiting, tracking, and reporting, and office administration. The Coordinator will also provide technical support to development of client services and products, including contributing to drafts, providing facilitation support, and serving as a professional first point of contact for some client communications. In this capacity, the Coordinator will adeptly take on a variety of tasks, while helping to establish systems and procedures for this growing small business. They will also be able to quickly grasp complex coordination needs and set clear paths for team members, managing adaptively in response to emerging priorities.
MI2 Service Delivery Support
- Contributes to conservation planning processes in Africa, Asia and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Contributes to desk research and development of learning products for biodiversity conservation, climate and development related topics.
- Contributes to feeding and nurturing of learning groups and communities of practice at the intersection of biodiversity conservation, integration, and development.
- Provides input to drafting and finalization of client products, including coordination with EI Communications team and execution of dissemination plans.
- Support external and internal meetings, including coordinating logistics, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, and/or coordinating follow-up.
- Helps project teams execute highly professional client and partner engagements.
- Coordinates and contributes to project reporting.
- Contribute to team development of project deliverables such as work plans, monthly client meetings, collaborative learning meetings, and annual retreats.
- Supports the Project Manager in financial management and aspects of contracting, subcontracting, and recruiting.
- Manages production processes, trackers, and internal workflow.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
Contribute to EI Initiatives
- Serves as point of contact on administrative support and coordination, both across the MI2 team and with other teams in EI, including HR and Operations.
- Maintains excellent communication within and across teams to support smooth program operations.
- As needed, contribute to work processes of other EI teams.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and other new business opportunities.
- Contributes to EI special initiatives and working groups.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years relevant experience; a Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing technical and administrative support to multiple team members, consultants, clients, and stakeholders.
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish
- Professional working proficiency in French or Portuguese.
- Experience in international development, USAID or other donor experience.
- Cross-cultural competence and experiences working, living, or studying in other countries.
- Training in a field relevant to international development, or project management certification.
- Experience applying the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation, the USAID Program Cycle, or another adaptive management process as part of a consulting team or engagement.
- Experience researching content, synthesizing information, and creating communications products that share technical findings with non-technical audiences.
- Experience using qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, statistical and mapping tools, online project workflows and data displays.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong numeric literacy and demonstrated experience in basic budgeting.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong facilitation and copy-editing skills
- Advanced to expert knowledge of MS Office suite (particularly MS Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and Excel), Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar Google Drive/File Stream, Sheets, Docs) and online meeting and collaboration software (MURAL, Miro, and/or Zoom).
- Exceptional customer service skills, a problem-solving approach and adaptability — an eagerness to assist others, and flexibility in taking on the work at hand.
- Willingness to be available outside of regular office hours for international calls and other time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to collaborate with, listen to, respect, and celebrate the contributions of others, including others of different cultural backgrounds.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Criminal background check required
BASE STATION AND COVID-19 POLICY
The position will be based in Washington, DC. Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely. Being present in the office on multiple days per week is an expectation once we reopen offices, which is currently expected to commence sometime after March 2022.
Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 or legally authorized exemption is required for all Environmental Incentives employees working in the United States, regardless of office location or remote work. Selected candidates will be required to provide proof of full vaccination before beginning employment with Environmental Incentives. Full vaccination is defined as 2 weeks after the final dose of the requisite vaccination.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The starting salary range for this position is dependent and commensurate with experience. Environmental Incentives also offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-funded medical, dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance for employees.
- Highly competitive 401k contributions that start on day one of your employment. Did we mention we offer environmentally responsible investment options?
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick time. You’ll also get paid time off opportunities each year to vote and volunteer at a charity of your choice!
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application no later than March 8, 2022. On a rolling basis throughout the application period, we will review applications and contact qualified candidates for additional information.