Program Producer, ALOUD
Library Foundation of Los Angeles | Los Angeles, CA
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles provides critical support to the Los Angeles Public Library resulting in free programs, resources and services available to the thousands of adults, children and youth in Los Angeles. We accomplish this mission through fundraising, advocacy and producing innovative programs that strengthen the Library and promote greater awareness of its valuable resources.
Our Core Values include:
Collaboration – Respect and communication build successful teams.
Adaptability – We welcome change.
Empathy – Our work is defined by caring for others.
Partnerships – We do our work by building bridges.
Learning – Learning builds community and enables growth.
Accountability – Each of us is responsible for our individual and team goals.
This position is responsible for producing a division of public programs for the Library Foundation of Los Angeles. Programs include ALOUD, Lost and Found, and other public programs as needed. Position performs a wide variety of production tasks, ensuring program success from start to finish.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of programming and arts/culture in Los Angeles and is skilled in producing both in-person and virtual programming. Candidate must be flexible, able to work independently, and should enjoy the challenges of working within a dynamic programs department.
- Oversee all phases of production associated with the Public Programs, including research, planning, and execution
- Execute Director’s vision for programs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Los Angeles Public Library partner staff
- Work with the Communications department to help implement and maintain PR and marketing strategies for each program brand
- Work with the Public Programs team to help develop and implement performance measurements and evaluative strategies to ensure high-quality and consistent program delivery
- Oversee the work of support staff (e.g., Public Programs Coordinator and Assistant) when applicable
- Oversee and ensure quality control of on-site program production and event processes (set up, sound check, A.V., etc.)
- Oversee budgets, check requests and invoicing related to ALOUD
- Oversee the creation of project collateral materials
- Assist with grant proposals, when applicable
- Attend Library Foundation Board of Directors meetings, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2-4 years of event production experience
- Some staff and/or volunteer management experience required
- Evening and some weekend availability required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively problem solve
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, across a diverse customer base
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified candidates must have an AA degree from an accredited college or university or comparable work experience