Association of Washington Cities | Olympia, WA
Association of Washington Cities (AWC) is recruiting a part-time, temporary Research Assistant to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. This role provides responsive data and research support to the Government Relations team. The timeframe for this temporary position is April through end of October 2022.
Top candidates will be:
- A detail oriented, self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and the ability to prioritize under pressure
- Stellar internal and external customer service skills with strong attention to accuracy
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and articulate findings clearly
What you’ll be doing
- Gathering data and qualitative research on assigned topics related to cities and towns
- Assist with data and information analysis and summaries
- Assist with writing and editing reports, fact sheets, and technical information for publications
- Assist with developing survey tools
- Verify survey results by evaluating responses and identifying outliers; correct data as needed
- Follow up with survey takers by email or phone to verify responses and/or encourage survey completion by the established deadline
- Assist with other research activities on topics such as city trends or fiscal conditions, as needed
What you bring to the team
- Associates degree in economics, statistics, business, public administration, or a related field
- 1 year experience in research, data, accounting, or related field (educational classes in these areas may count towards experience)
- Working knowledge of local government operations, city experience preferred
- Familiarity with the legislative process
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Possess strong communication skills, articulates clearly both with the written and spoken word
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain flexible and open to changing priorities and evolving tasks with a compressed timeframe
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 Suite and have the ability to learn and use a variety of proprietary software, specifically survey software
- Proficient in the use of the Internet for research and communication
- Ability to model the organization’s high standards of quality customer service to all internal and external customers
- Demonstrate punctual and reliable attendance
- Possess a professional appearance and conduct appropriate for an office and online setting
How to apply
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications listed in the job description will be considered. To apply for this position and view the job description, please visit the AWC website.
Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. Complete the application and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position
- Current resume
All new AWC employees must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to employment, unless granted a reasonable accommodation due to disability or sincerely held religious belief.
All applications must be submitted by 5 pm on March 9, 2022, to be considered.
We value our employees’ hard work, integrity, and dedication to our members. The salary range for this position is $20–22 per hour.
For current or recently graduated college/university students, AWC offers this employment opportunity as an internship to gain professional experience and further their education and training. AWC will provide interns with appropriate supervision, evaluation, and feedback, and support specific learning objectives.
AWC is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, which provides a wide array of legislative, training, and other services to all 281 cities and towns in the state of Washington. Membership is voluntary, and we are proud that AWC maintains 100% participation.
AWC is a vibrant, fast-paced organization supported by 70 employees who are passionate about serving our members through advocacy, education, and services. We have a diverse staff with subject matter expertise in various areas.
To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com.