Editorial Assistant & Researcher
InnoLead | REMOTE
InnoLead is a media and events startup in Boston that reaches a global audience of innovation, R&D, emerging technology, and strategy executives at large companies. Our subscribers get access to a wealth of content, research, and multimedia, as well as online and in-person events. Our website is at http://www.innolead.com, and our podcast, “Innovation Answered,” can be found on iTunes and Spotify.
Please do not use LinkedIn Easy Apply to submit your application. Send all application materials to email@example.com.
InnoLead’s Editorial Assistant and Researcher will be responsible for a wide array of tasks, which may include interviewing and writing, copy editing, maintenance of the editorial calendar, email newsletter creation, design and layout, audio/video editing, survey creation, and website updates. The key focus of this role will be assisting with planning, creating, and publishing original editorial content. (We don’t believe in rewriting and reposting other peoples’ stuff.) You’ll be an essential contributor inside a 21st century media organization founded by a team of journalists and media entrepreneurs.
The role will involve:
- Interviewing sources (primarily executives at large companies)
- Writing articles, web teasers, and email newsletter copy
- Creating one to two email newsletters weekly
- Formatting articles in our CMS and copyediting web pieces
- Acquiring photos and other art from companies or online archives
- Producing and posting audio and video content
- Aggregating and editing sponsor content to be included in our publications
- Assisting with other editorial projects, including surveys, research reports, and webcasts
- Participating in our events to take notes; generate story ideas; and potentially introduce speakers or conduct on-stage interviews.
Key skills include:
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to set up interviews
- Graphic design/layout
- Experience using a CMS
- No fear of data/spreadsheets
- Solid writing skills, grammar, and ability to consistently use a style guide.
Ideal candidates will have some experience in media, preferably a print or online B2B publisher. We are open to hearing from recent graduates who have some relevant internship experience or writing samples. Candidates should be happy being a “utility player,” working on a variety of tasks to improve the quality of the content we produce. Some familiarity with Adobe tools, HubSpot, and content management systems is desirable.
This is a full-time job, with benefits, working with a team that is largely based in Boston, MA. We will consider remote candidates. Starting salary is $48,500, with opportunities for regular salary reviews and bonuses for exceptional performance.
To apply for this position, don’t use LinkedIn Easy Apply. Instead, please send an email titled “Editorial Assistant role” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the email a brief description of yourself and what interests you about this role. Attach your résumé and 3-4 samples of your work. These clips can include articles, case studies, videos, data visualizations, research reports, or posts you’ve written.